UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, October 09, 2008

Francis Maka's Back

Great news for Francis Maka, via UH Sports Extra.
Defensive end Francis Maka, who practiced for the first time this fall today, has been granted a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA and can play the rest of the season. Maka appealed before the season started, but needed more information about injuries before he came to UH. The information was gathered and the NCAA appeal was amended by UH last week.
The Warrior Beat has a quote from Maka:
“I’m so happy,” Maka said. “I can’t believe it.”
He will need to practice one more day without pads before being eligible to compete in a game. The Warriors have a light practice tomorrow afternoon.
Congrats to Francis! The Warrior Beat also has lots of contests and prizes to give away today. And I just may have a few compliments to give away later on. Awww yeah.

UPDATE: Jason Kaneshiro's article about Maka's reinstatement has more great quotes:
"I was in disbelief. I thought Coach Mack was joking with me," Maka said. "I could help hugging everybody. I was just surprised how quick it went."
"I'm especially happy for Francis because he's such a great person," McMackin sadi. "He will be a great addition to our football team."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **