UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Schedule Delayed Once Again

Dave Reardon writes:
UH's intention is to not release information on two or three unannounced nonconference games until the Western Athletic Conference divulges the 2007 league schedule. Commissioner Karl Benson said Monday that might happen by the end of this week.

"We don't want to announce anything until the entire schedule is done," said UH spokeswoman Lois Manin yesterday, relaying information from Frazier.
So basically, it's 4th down and 37... time to PUNT!

Stephen Tsai and Ferd Lewis sum up the entire scheduling situation in a short paragraph.
Frazier had promised a complete list of opponents would be finalized as early as last November. The promised announcement was pushed back to December, then January, then mid-February and finally to yesterday.
So I'm thinking.... middle of April. And when UH finally announces the schedule, it'll be like, hey, they're early!

But we shouldn't be so hard on them. They're working long hours, calling hundreds of people to put a great schedule together, and I'm sure when it's finally announced, it will be a great schedule. No pressure.

And Ikaika Alama-Francis writes about his experience at the NFL Combine.
My pec is feeling good. I've been running a lot. I started lifting, too. I'm feeling better, but I decided not to push it and try to do the drills. It's only been, like, five weeks since the surgery. That's cutting it close. My arm feels good, but I wasn't medically cleared yet. It's the type of deal I wanted to be safe and not re-injure myself.

Besides, I get my chance at the pro day on March 29. We'll see what happens from there.

I'm back in Pleasanton, where I was training before the combine. I decided not to go back home. I felt I had so much work to do. It won't stop. I won't be comfortable until the day after the draft ends. That's why I'm working hard. I dream about that one day when I put on an NFL team's hat. That's what I'm working toward. I don't even wear hats. But I hope to wear one on draft day.
Gotta love Ikaika's attitude.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **