UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, February 26, 2007

Nate and Samson at the NFL Combine

Nate Ilaoa writes a Combine diary for the Advertiser.
The whole combine was an experience. It was real fun because a lot of these guys are great guys. There are a lot of Hawai'i players and Polynesian guys at the combine. We were able to kick back with these guys. There were a lot of guys to talk to, and it was easy to make new friends.

I made some friends, like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch. A lot of them took my number. They said they might come out to Hawai'i. I was like, "If you come through, hit me up."

The thing is, they all had respect for our team up in Hawai'i, as crazy as that sounds. A lot of these guys were like, "I wish I was out in Hawai'i to score all of those points and get all of those yards."

Lorenzo Booker, from Florida State, came up to me and said, "Man, I wish I took a visit to Hawai'i. I wish I knew you guys could move the ball that well and score all of those points."

Overall, I want to get back to Hawai'i and relax for a little bit. I'm going to be back in Hawai'i until the Pro Day next month.
Sounds like it was a great experience for Nate. And I hope Lorenzo Booker's words resonates throughout the land!

And Samson Satele had a great combine, writes the Advertiser staff:
University of Hawai'i center Samson Satele had the best performances in two drills among offensive linemen at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis over the weekend.

The 6-foot-2, 298-pound Satele, considered one of the top center prospects in April's NFL draft, ran the 20-yard shuttle in 4.29 seconds and recorded a vertical jump of 33 1/2, according to results posted on nfl.com.
Way to go!

And finally UH QB coach Dan Morrison will be a guest on The Warrior Beat for a live chat at around noon HST. Be there!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **