UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, February 23, 2007

Glanville News / Uperesa Diary

Noooooooooooo!
University of Hawai'i defensive coordinator Jerry Glanville has emerged as the top candidate for the head football coaching job at Portland State, The Advertiser has learned.

Glanville will arrive in Portland Sunday, have a face-to-face interview with PSU officials all Monday, and leave Tuesday or Wednesday, according to people familiar with the situation.
Oh well, I hope Jerry has a Jeff Reinebold moment and realizes that he likes it in Hawaii too much. But if he does get the job and he does take it, best of luck to him. But we'll all be forlorn. Tsai! Speaking of which, Stephen Tsai also writes that June Jones says Herman Frazier will announce the schedule next week. Let's hope this isn't another false alarm.

And Dane Uperesa writes a diary for the Advertiser.
I met with the Cowboys, Jets, Bengals, Panthers, Bears and Dolphins.

They ask about your family. They ask about your background. Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of football-related questions. They want to know about your character.

One of the teams asked: "In a street fight, who would win — me, Sam (Satele) or Tala (Esera)?" Let's put it this way, I couldn't hesitate. Of course, I had to say myself. I'm being tested, you know. But they were asked the same questions, so the scouts got three different answers.
Hmmmm, I wonder who would win in a street fight? I'd have to give it to Samson, because though all three are smart and strong, Samson got that look in his eye. No mercy! Samson going pound you!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **