UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, February 16, 2007

Chad Owens Update

Stephen Tsai writes that former Warrior Chad Owens is excited about being a Buc.
Owens completed his UH career in December 2004. He finished the past two seasons on the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice squad. The Jaguars, who selected Owens in the 2005 National Football League draft, invited him back for a third season.

Instead, Owens chose to sign a two-year contract with the Buccaneers.

"I've got nothing bad to say about Jacksonville," Owens said. "I wish I could have had a long career there. You have to move on sometimes in life. It's a business. I'm trying to get my career started. I made a decision based on what was best for me and my family."

...

He said he is training to play receiver and returner. At last month's Senior Bowl, Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden told agent Leo Goeas that Owens will earn a shot to play extensively at receiver.

"I'm fired up about that," Owens said. "The return game is a given. They know that's something I can do. I can't wait. It's two years (in the NFL). It's time to go ahead and make something happen."
All the best to Chad as he goes into next season with Tampa. And just in case you've forgotten what Chad brings to the table:



He! Will! Score!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **