UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WitP: Pisa, Sopoaga

Bob LeGere of the Daily Herald profiles Pisa Tinoisamoa, who expects to be back on the field this Sunday after tearing his PCL in the season opener.
"I took a shot from the running back, (Ryan) Grant," Tinoisamoa said. "He came in and hit right on my shin. The shin shot back and the upper part of my leg stayed there, so it (partially) tore that (posterior cruciate) ligament that holds it from going back and forth.

"It was the first play. It kind of went numb, but I thought, 'I'm all right.' The second play I was trying to run around, and I felt something shift in my knee and I was like, 'Wait, that isn't right.'

"So I went to the sideline, and that's when they diagnosed it."

Tinoisamoa practiced Monday and expects to be back in the starting lineup Sunday night against the Atlanta Falcons. He feels he has something to prove to his new teammates.

"Even to Jamar (Williams), who's been playing in my spot while I was hurt," the seven-year veteran said. "And to Nick (Roach) and all the guys. I definitely have to prove myself."
Isaac Sopoaga is teaming up with SJSU coach Joe Salave'a for a tsunami relief effort.
Coach Salave’a partnered with San Jose State University’s Cesar Chavez Community Action Center to start a relief fund where people can help the cause. As part of their efforts, during every home football game at San Jose State University, a video of Coach Salave’a will be played asking fans to contribute what they can to the foundation to help survivors in Samoa.
49ers’ Sopoaga joined in once he heard of the efforts. During the Spartans latest home game this past Saturday, October 10, he matched the donations received that day, dollar for dollar.

Coach Salave’a visited the 49ers practice facility this week to discuss the efforts with Sopoaga and receive a signed jersey and football from the 49ers to auction off at San Jose State University’s home game against the University of Hawaii on November 21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **