UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, October 12, 2009

WitP: Bess, Ulbrich, RGM

Davone Bess had 3 catches for 18 yards and 1 punt return for 9 yards in Miami's victory over the Jets.

Jeff Ulbrich will see a neurologist regarding his concussion, and may retire depending on what they find.
Linebacker Jeff Ulbrich, who suffered a concussion on the opening kickoff against St. Louis on Oct. 4, is scheduled to be seen by a neurologist on Wednesday.

It will be the first time the 10th-year player has been examined by a neurologist and Ulbrich said Monday he's not ruling out retirement after sustaining more concussions during his career than he can count.

"I don't know (how many)," Ulbrich said. "I don't even really know what a concussion is. They ask me if it's like seeing stars, but every linebacker in the NFL has five or six of those a game."
The San Francisco Chronicle has more.
When asked if he would like to play with his kids and die as a old man, Ulbrich said, "I would like to do that. I have to take all those considerations into account to make my decision."

Ulbrich, who's now the longest tenured active 49er along with long snapper Brian Jennings (10 years each), said the game has changed.

"It's evolved. Players are bigger and faster, but I don't think your skull gets any thicker and I don't think your brain gets tougher," Ulbrich said.
On Friday, Ryan Grice-Mullen scored his first touchdown of the season in the BC Lions' victory over Edmonton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **