UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Opponent Schedules, Recruits, WitPs

Opponent Schedules

Just like last year, Mr. Chawan Cut has created a master spreadsheet of this year's UH opponents and their schedules, which he'll be updating each week. I've posted a link under the 2008 schedule on the right.


Recruits

Here's a highlight video of recent UH commit Billy Ray Stutzmann.



Kevin Jakahi of the Hawaii Tribune Herald really wants Punahou linebacker Manti Te'o to play for UH.
I think he's going to Notre Dame. That's my guess on gut instinct. Charlie Weis, who lost a few football IQ points after he left Bill Belichick, will point to "Rudy" and the Gipper and the sweetheart TV deal with NBC when he pleads for Teo's signature.

But Cal Lee, chief of local recruiting for UH, will give hard rubs to all the big-time schools salivating over Teo. He's got major charisma. He would make a lot of money if he were an Amway salesman.
From Superprep.com, Kapolei defensive end/linebacker Chad Lopati talks about the offers he's getting, and which team he's leaning towards.
Lopati has nine scholarship offers and now favors Hawaii slightly over Baylor, Colorado, California and Oregon State. All of his favorites have offered as well as Oregon, Washington, UNLV and San Diego State.

"I love Hawaii," he said. "I grew up following them. I love all the Polynesian guys they have and I've always dreamed of going there. The program there is really good and it's only like 15 minutes away. I've been to a bunch of games there and I go to their practices a lot too. I'm real familiar with everyone there.

"I like the new Hawaii coaches too," he said. "It's not too much of a change and I think they'll be successful too."

Warriors in the Pros

AM1500Hawaii.com has an audio interview with Colt Brennan from the Rob and Russ Show.

P Dizzle's belief in Colt Brennan cannot be shaken.
Look, I'm not saying Colt will be the greatest QB to ever live in the NFL. All I'm saying is give the guy a chance. He's never played a down and people behind computers are saying that he's worthless. Grow up a little, have some class and let's just see what happens.
Isaac Sopoaga is mentioned in two different San Francisco 49ers previews. From RealGM Football:
With steady Aubrayo Franklin at the nose and immovable object Isaac Sopoaga moving to end, the Niners have some quality players up front to free things up for Willis to do his thing. 1st rounder Kentwan Balmer should help in that regard as well, and he offers more pass-rushing ability. Sopoaga in particular is a fair bet for a breakout season, as his quick first step and snap anticipation paired with his bulk makes him a great fit at 3-4 DE.
And from the 49ers.com website:
Isaac Sopoaga will replace Young as the starter at the left defensive end position, moving from the nose tackle where he was a key reserve in 2007. A relentless worker, Sopoaga was in the 49ers weight room from the moment the 2007 season ended getting ready for his starting opportunity.

“Playing next to Bryant Young was a miracle,” said Sopoaga about his four years playing next to the 49er legend. “It means a lot (to be stepping into his position), but first I have to put myself on that level as a leader. I will try to do my best and take what I learned from B.Y.”

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **