UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, January 10, 2008

Statement from Dick Tomey

He says he hasn't had official contact with Hawaii, but it seems he leaves the door open just a little bit. You can judge for yourself:
In the past several days there has been much speculation connecting me to the University of Hawaii. I have not had official contact with the University of Hawaii.

President Don Kassing, Tom Bowen and San Jose State University have given us every opportunity to be a successful football program. It would take a very, very compelling opportunity for us to leave San Jose and the situation that they have afforded us here. I have communicated that to them (President Kassing, Tom Bowen) since this speculation began.

My wife, Nanci, and I have a home in Hawaii; it is a special place for us. I have said all along that Hawaii is the only place we would consider relocating to and at some point in our future, we will.

Today my coaching staff and I are moving ahead and are focused on the 2008 season. We have an important recruiting weekend ahead of us, we’re excited about the way our recruiting is going and I’m ready to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **