UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Da Bess and RGM

Davone Bess participated in a live chat with the fans over at The Warrior Beat. Here's an excerpt:
Comment from: Davone Bess [Member]
Comment from: mango90 [Visitor]
Congratulations Davone,
What was your most exciting game moment?
You planning to keep the dreads?

First of all I am keeping the dreads. I don't know how long.
The most exciting game was the San Jose game. It defined our whole season. The conditions, the adversity. When many people counted us out, we persevered and it happened.
Permalink 01/09/08 @ 10:45
UH issued a release regarding Ryan Grice-Mullins declaring for the NFL draft.
"This was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in my life for the simple fact that I have so much love for this university and the islands," Grice-Mullins said. "Because of what they did for me, I truly believe I grew as a man here. But in the end, I felt I had to leave and it's a decision I made with my parents. It's the right time."
"I just want to thank everyone in Hawai`i for some of the best four years of my life," Grice-Mullins said. "To those magical group of guys over the past years who went through the good and bad and to Coach (June) Jones and Coach (Ron) Lee for the opportunity to succeed and for always believing in me."
He also updated his blog with a farewell. Best of luck to them both.

UPDATE: Stephen Tsai talks to RGM and his new agent.
Grice-Mullins is in Scottsdale, Ariz, working out at the Triple Threat Performance center. Dan O'Brien, a former world champion decathlete, is the center's head trainer. O'Brien won a gold medal in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, and placed first in three World Championships.

"(O'Brien) is our secret weapon," Abadir said. "He's unbelievable. Not only does he know how to win competitions and gold medals, he knows how to teach it."

Abadir said he expects Grice-Mullins to receive an invitation to the NFL combine in Indianapolis.

"He's going to do well there," Abadir said. "The combine is a pressure situation. He's shown time and time again, he can handle those situations."

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **