UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, April 05, 2007

Interview with Ikaika

Ed Thompson of Scout.com talks to Ikaika Alama-Francis.
ET: The Giants and Chiefs have talked about looking at you as a tight end, how surprised were you by that?

IA: Very surprised, I was like, “me a tight end?” I’m training out here, running some routes, and everything’s going really well. I feel the more you can do the better off you’ll be, so whatever they want me to do I’ll do it; if they want me to become a free safety I’ll be a free safety.

ET: How much do you think it’s helped you to be around former NFL coaches like June Jones and Jerry Glanville?

IA: Oh, tremendously. I felt it was such a blessing to have them as my coaches. If it wasn’t for June Jones I don’t think I’d be playing football today. He was the one who offered me a scholarship out of high school without playing any football. He believed in me and I didn’t want to let him down through those years. And that was another motivation for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **