UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, March 31, 2007

More Pro Day

Dave Reardon talks to an NFL scout about the players' performances at the UH Pro Day. It's candid and sometimes brutal. Here's an excerpt:
Tala Esera OT
"Pretty good drill work. I think he's got a real good shot at second day."

Nate Ilaoa RB

"I love watching this kid play. To me, Coach (June) Jones did a great job showcasing his strengths. I don't see him as a fullback, I see him as a true one-back guy. I think he has a 50-50 shot of getting drafted. Whoever takes him, they have a plan for him."

Leonard Peters S/LB
"He kind of talked about being injured, but was holding back on that to not make excuses. I think some team will love him on special teams. At safety, he gets a little bit out of position sometimes. Some teams are looking at him as a linebacker. Leonard is really good downhill when he sees the run. He gets exposed sometimes against the pass because he'll gamble."
Take the guy's analysis with a grain of salt though, as he say's this about Reagan Mauia.
Reagan Mauia FB
"Big man runs real well for his size. Teams that use a true fullback will be interested in him. His consistency as a blocker is a question, though. A lot of personal fouls in college.
A lot? I just remember two in the 2005 MSU game, early in his UH career when he was playing D-line, but after the coaches talked to him about it, he was on the straight and narrow. I hope this negative impression of The Juggernaut isn't common among the scouts. Anyway, Dave has a lot more info in his article, so go read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **