UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

WitP: Pisa, Bess, LaBoy, McBriar

Via the Advertiser, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune talks to Pisa Tinoisamoa about his hopes to remain a Bear after this season.
The linebacker injured his right knee on the first series of the opener in Green Bay, missed three games and then re-injured the same knee in Atlanta before undergoing season-ending surgery.

"I hope I come back," the seven-year veteran said. "I haven't talked to (coach Lovie Smith). I didn't want to be a distraction.

"I'm comfortable here. I like the guys. I like the whole thing. ... It was a breath of fresh air."
NFL.com has video of Davone Bess making an acrobatic catch against the Texans this past Sunday.

The National Football Post notes that Travis LaBoy has been reinstated by the NFL after serving a suspension.

DallasCowboys.com has a Q&A in which they note how much of a weapon Mat McBriar is.
ASA ARREY - ALBUQUERQUE, NM: Hey guys. I was listening to Talkin' Cowboys, and I gotta say you hit the nail on the head about Mat McBriar. His punting has really put our defense in some good spots. Is it safe to say the defense might not be what it is without him there? I do know that things were pretty rough last year when he wasn't there.

Rob: McBriar is an underrated weapon in terms of field position. He was arguably the Cowboys' best offensive (or defensive, depending on you look at it) player against Green Bay. The Domenik Hixon TD return hurt his overall net average, which is hovering around 40 yards. He definitely should've been in the Pro Bowl conversation.

Nick: He's a very important part of the puzzle. It seems like any type of punt they need, he usually provides it. If they need to flip the field position, he's been able to do that with booming punts and he's also very good at the short punts to pin teams inside the 15-yard line. Without a doubt, McBriar was missed last year and we're seeing that this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **