UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, December 26, 2009

WitP: Mouton, Veikune, Ingram, Ulbrich

Ryan Mouton left in the first quarter yesterday's game against the Chargers with an ankle injury.

Eric Mangini, who I believe is still coach of the Cleveland Browns, addresses David Veikune's progress.
(On David Veikune)- “He is doing what I’m asking him to do and that’s to remain consistent. As we identify different areas we want him to improve in, to really work at it. One of the areas was his ability to press the guards. I think that’s gotten better. The block recognition, which I think is the toughest things that a person goes through from having their hand in the dirt to going back, is recognizing all the different things that can happen. The other thing that he’s improved on is his communication. Being an interior guy, you don’t just have to get lined up yourself, you have to get everybody else lined up as well. It’s coming up, it’s getting the call from the coach, giving it to the group, making the adjustment, recognizing the blocks. It’s a dramatic shift in responsibility from having your hand in the dirt and being in an even front or an over front and your two jobs are spill the outside run and contain on pass.”
Here's another interview with Jake Ingram, this one from Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.
On attending the University of Hawaii: “I always wanted to play for Hawaii. I remember my sophomore year of high school and it was Hawaii versus BYU, the last game of the regular season. I was in the nosebleeds and said ‘I will play for Hawaii one of these days.’ I grey-shirted coming out of high school, worked hard, got a highlight video out, and talked to a few schools – Boise, Oregon -- and then Rich Miano of Hawaii called me up and said they wanted me to walk on. I thought to myself ‘this is my shot.’”
And Jeff Ulbrich will be honored this Sunday as he is added to the 49ers' Ten-Year Wall.
Ten-Year Wall :

2009 additions: LS Brian Jennings and LB Jeff Ulbrich

What it is: The honor recognizes those 49ers players who have contributed at least 10 years of service to the franchise. Both Jennings and Ulbrich reached the landmark this season. Ulbrich will be appearing in front of the 49ers Faithful as a player for the last time this Sunday versus the Detroit Lions, as he announced his retirement earlier this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **