UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blaze, Manley, WAC, JJ

Stephen Tsai writes that Blaze Soares has signed with an agent.
Soares had a slim chance to successfully appeal the NCAA for an exemption that would allow him to play for the Warriors in 2010.

But after consulting with friends and family members, Soares opted to apply for the 2010 National Football League draft.

"I'm ready to start the next chapter in my life," Soares said. "I hope I have a chance to play at the next level. It's always been my dream to play in the NFL. I hope all of the blessings are on my side."
Leilehua QB Andrew Manley will play for New Mexico State instead of accepting a grayshirt offer from UH.
Manley said it was the only scholarship offer he received for next season.

He said Hawai'i offered him a chance to attend classes part time in the fall (paying his own way and not playing football) with the possibility of receiving a full scholarship in January 2011 — a process called "grayshirting" — but he opted to take New Mexico State's immediate scholarship offer instead.

"UH wanted me to grayshirt, but there's no guarantee with that and I could end up with nothing," Manley said. "New Mexico State had been talking to me the past couple weeks, since the (Hawai'i/Polynesia vs. Mainland) all-star game, and I liked what they offered. I thought it would be the best for me."
Paul Honda has an article about Manley as well. Dave Reardon was the first to speak to Manley about it yesterday.
He also said there’s a benefit to going to a WAC school.

“I get to come home every other year to play at Aloha Stadium in front of friends and family,” he said. “That is a great bonus.”
Ferd Lewis writes about the recent performances of WAC teams in bowl games.

And SMU coach June Jones will today's guest on the Tsai & Wai Warrior Beat Mid-Day Show today at approximately 12:10pm HST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **