UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, September 06, 2009

WitP: Ikaika, C.J., Samson, Kynan, Colt

More bad news from the waiver wire as the Detroit Lions released Ikaika Alama-Francis today.

Some good news as C.J. Hawthorne was signed to the Bills practice squad after clearing waivers.

And back to the bad news as it looks like Samson Satele will not be the Raiders' starting center.

Chargers coach Norv Turner talks about waiving Kynan Forney.
The Chargers managed to keep six backs by boldly carrying just eight offensive linemen, deciding to cut veteran Kynan Forney.

Forney was competing strongly for the starting right guard job until a neck injury sidelined him three weeks ago.

“Kynan, when he's been able to play, has done well,” Turner said. “It comes down to you're competing against guys in other spots, and there are some . . . guys we felt needed to be here. And that was an area (where) we could make a move.”
The Advertiser has a quote from Colt about getting placed on injured reserve.
Brennan said: "They could have easily cut me or given me an injury settlement. But they told me they liked my potential. It gives me a chance to take a year to get better and to really learn the offense and improve."
WUSA9.com has more from Colt.
"It's one of those injuries I had before and I can easily go out and practice and play, but I'll never quite be 100 percent," Brennan tells 9 News Now. "In certain situations, like last week, I didn't have that explosion."

Brennan felt something wrong during the team's preseason opener against Baltimore, and underwent an MRI after the New England game.

"I felt if I played good enough it'd be irrelevant and they'd work with it, but considering it got worse as the games went by they felt why mess with it," Brennan explained about the decision to shut him down this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **