UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mouton at the Combine

Ed Thompson of Scout.com spoke to several players at the NFL Combine, including UH cornerback Ryan Mouton.
"I' m good in man-to-man coverage, and I think that will really help out in the NFL. I have a really good ability to jump that allows me to do well against the bigger receivers," Mouton told Scout.com during an exclusive interview.

The pesky cornerback has also developed a good reputation during his college career for his speed and field intelligence.

"I've been playing the game since I've been about six years old. So understanding what's going on in the game is one of my key attributes," he said. "I love the game of football. To me it's not about the money, I'd just like to get out there and have fun. Even in practice, I really have high spirits."

The East-West Shrine participant has also been successful as a blitzer out of the nickel position, another skill area that he believes will be an asset to him as he makes the leap to the pro ranks.

"It takes a lot of timing. You watch guys like Troy Polamalu, he times his blitzes really well," Mouton said. "You have to get in there and study their offense and the cadence of their quarterback. That helps you out a lot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **