UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, February 20, 2009

Foe no more. Welcome Coach Tormey!

Tombo must be busy today, so I'll fill in briefly and he can update later.

UH picks up former Idaho and Nevada head coach, Chris Tormey, as Special Teams coach. He replaces Ikaika Malloe. His most recent stint was at the Univ. of Wash. as LB coach and recruiting coordinator.


Coverage by the Advertiser's Tsai.
"It's not about how much money you make," said Chris Tormey, who will become the Warriors' special teams coordinator. "It's the people you're working with, and your chances to be successful. ... I'm looking to being part of a very bright future at the University of Hawai'i."
and the Star Bulletin
"He's a great person and a great coach," McMackin said. "I've known him a long time and really trust him. I think he's one of the best in the game so I'm really excited about him."

here's UH Athletic's official release

Welcome to the Warriors Coach Tormey!

UPDATE (2-21-09) by Tombo: Thank you CC. Here's the press release about Coach Tormey's hire, from HawaiiAthletics.com.
“I’ve known Chris for many years and he’s always been a first class person and excellent football coach,” McMackin said. “Even when he was the head coach at Nevada and Idaho, he worked with the special teams. He’s also one of the best recruiters in the country and his area included the state of Hawai‘i. His work ethic is second to none and I know he will be a great addition to our staff and I’m really excited about him.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **