UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, January 11, 2009

WitP, Future Warriors

Denny Seitz of the Marin Independent Journal talks to Travis LaBoy about the success of the Arizona Cardinals.
"There's a lot of haters out there," LaBoy said. "A lot of people who don't think we're very good. They say the Cards can't do it. Let 'em keep saying it."
He was able to play in yesterday's game, but didn't log any stats.

Stephen Tsai writes that Colt Brennan has been invited to Barack Obama's inauguration.
It always appeared as if Colt Brennan were an ambassador for Hawai‘i.
Maybe he does have political juice.
Colt has been invited to attend the Jan. 20 presidential inauguration, according to his father, Terry Brennan.
Tsai talks to David Veikune about being invited to the Senior Bowl.

Jason Kaneshiro writes about Veikune's invite, and talks to future Warrior David Graves.
Graves is the third high school quarterback to commit to UH, joining Corey Nielsen of Gahr (Calif.) High School and Punahou's Cayman Shutter.

"I believe the competition will only make us stronger," Graves said.

Graves excelled in his lone varsity season as a quarterback. He was behind a prolific passer as a sophomore and junior, and played receiver instead.

"He handled it from Day 1 like he'd been there forever," Folsom coach Kris Richardson said.
Kaneshiro also has an update on incoming offensive lineman Kainoa LaCount:
Offensive lineman Kainoa LaCount is hoping to enroll at UH for the spring semester, which starts tomorrow, and is waiting on transcripts from his junior college. LaCount (6-foot-7, 290 pounds), a Kailua graduate, signed with UH last year as a heralded recruit from College of the Canyons, but didn't earn his associate degree in time to enter school for the fall.
Speaking of a (possible) future Warrior, Long Beach Poly defensive lineman Iuta Tepa was named to MaxPreps.com All-American First Team. He is also the LA Times' lineman of the year.
In helping Long Beach Poly win its 18th Southern Section championship, defensive end Iuta Tepa proved to be a nonstop tackling machine, running down ballcarriers and pressuring quarterbacks with a level of intensity that inspired teammates and unnerved opponents.

The Times' lineman of the year recorded 14 sacks and contributed more than 100 tackles for a defense that was considered the best in Southern California.
In a profile by Richard Kimbrel of Yahoo, Tepa says he'll choose his school on LOI day.
Tepa will begin his visits this weekend.

“I will be visit Hawai’i this weekend on January 9th,” Tepa said. “Following my visit to Hawai’i, I’ll visit Oregon on January 16th.”

“I’m not sure where I will visit on January 23rd, but on January 30th I will visit UCLA,” Tepa said. “I’m feeling very good about all the schools that I’m visiting in January. I will make my announcement on signing day.”

Tepa is a soft commit to Hawai’i and has offers on the table from Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, Washington and Washington State.
I hope his trip to UH went well.

And the Marlin Democrat has a profile of cornerback Melvin "Tank" Hopkins, who should be enrolling at UH this semester.
"I'm excited and anxious to start playing for the University of Hawaii, this is a dream come true to play Division I football." Said Hopkins. "Hawaii is a beautiful island and this will be an experience I will never forget." His mother Ollie, however, sighs with apprehension "his Father and I are so proud of him, I hate to see my kid go so far away, I'm going to miss him, but we'll be cheering him on every step of the way!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **