UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Colt Brennan's Blog / Interview

Colt got a training camp blog on the Washington Redskins website. Here's an excerpt from his first entry.
I'm getting reps right now and Coach [Jim] Zorn has been great. He told me, 'I want you to come out here and learn, but I'm going to be all over you because I want to make you a better quarterback.' So every time I run a play or throw a pass, he's right there and when I do bad things he's right there. And I told him, 'Good, because I need it.'

It's great when a coach takes that time and effort. It means he really wants me to do well. If he just let me walk back to the huddle and didn't say anything to me at all, I think that's when I'd start to get worried. He has been real hands-on with me and I really appreciate it.
A note on the page says Colt will be posting update throughout camp and the pre-season.

UPDATE: Here's an audio interview with Colt (WMA file). He talks about getting his legs back into shape after recovering from surgery and his overall experience in training camp so far.

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 1:04:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The thing about Colt is he always thinks very well and always says the right things even when he talks so fast. He is always so down to earth and willing to work to get better.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 1:14:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gotta love Colt and his situation. All the individual instruction will make him better. Colt is like a red-shirt player being allowed a year to learn instead of being thrown to the wolves.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 1:46:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check this out--old story but always nice to read again, especially when Hawaii wins!

    http://thehawaiiherald.com/

    The Magical Reno Weekend: An award-winning story
    July 21, 2008



    Don't now if Tombo posted this before, but didn't realize that Brian Kajiyama was now one of three Team Managers (along with Kyle Kamau and Chris Brown)--see UH Athletics site, Football Coaches. I hope he may still help the defense also like the past year.

    http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/coach_bio.html?pid=3&coachid=99

     
  • At Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 3:39:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! That was a great story. Thanks fuzzylogic. Thanks for recommending that.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 4:29:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    excellent finds, fuzzylogic. i wanna go to the reno game next year.

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **