UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rick Taylor, Ikaika, Elam

Dave Reardon writes that receiver Rick Taylor will miss spring practice due to a pectoral muscle injury.
Taylor injured himself lifting weights March 10 and underwent surgery two days later. The sophomore is out for all of the month-long camp.

"I tore my pectoral muscle and tendon off the bone while bench-pressing," Taylor said. "My arm's going to be in a sling for six weeks."
Although Taylor can't suit up and practice, he said he's looking forward to the 15 sessions.

"I'm down, but I'm hopeful," he said. "I want to help out the younger guys in learning the offense."
Ikaika Alama-Francis, who suffered a similar injury in last year's Hula Bowl has a Q&A on the Detroil Lions website. Here's an excerpt:

Detroitlions.com: Is there anything in particular you feel you needs to improve, whether it’s off the field or on the field?

Alama-Francis: “Yes. I think physically I can be stronger and mentally it’s just preparation. Last year I kind of had to feel my way through everything because it was a learning year for me. Being in the system for a second year I feel so much more comfortable and I can work on my technique a lot more. Through Coach Marinelli and Coach Cullen – I feel they’re the best in the NFL – it only can go up.”

And Jason Elam is leaving Denver to sign a 4-year $9 million deal with the Atlanta Falcons.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **