UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Graunke, JJ, No rules B-ball, JD blog chat

Update: Last Super Games game: No Rules basketball. Thank you Princess!

-- updated by Chawan Cut, the ultimate Super Smash Bros gamer, master of Tombo


oh, and Jim Donovan will have a blog chat on Tsai's Warrior Beat at 230p HST (NOW!)

======

Tyler Graunke talks to Dave Reardon about his suspension and reinstatement.
At the time of the suspension, Graunke said it was a minor academic glitch that had to be taken care of. But yesterday he told the Star-Bulletin that "issues having to do with partying in the dorms" several years ago contributed to his problems.

"It was pretty much all academics, but I had a hold on my records and I had to get that off," Graunke said. "I had to do community service and I had a fine I had to pay because things were lingering on my record. Coach (June) Jones let it go, Coach Mack, he's not messing around. He said I need to get it taken care of."
Graunke talks to Stephen Tsai about where he stands.
"If I have to start on the bottom of the depth chart again, it's not going to bother me," Graunke said. "I've done it before. I'm willing to accept any challenge."

Graunke said the suspension was "definitely discouraging and kind of depressing. Actually, the last month has been really tough for me. I should have come back a lot quicker. But things happen. I'm glad to be back on before spring practice. I'm going to work hard to prove to the guys I'm their guy."
And when Ferd Lewis looks at SMU football marketing material, he has a WTF moment.
Two months after he left Manoa, the image of Jones sitting with a navy blue and red Mustangs' helmet and SMU end zone as a backdrop while promising "the Pony Nation and all of Dallas an exciting, new brand of football at Ford Stadium" is still a jarring sight here.

So much so that even the curious phrase "you may have heard the noise we made all the way over on the Big Island this past year" in a slick season ticket brochure almost slips by in the bewilderment.

But Jones, ever the adroit marketer, has slipped right into his new niche, trading "eo na toa, eo na toa e" for "Pony Up."

11 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 7:26:00 AM HST, Blogger Kahala Del Rey said…

    Good morning Tombo the man!

    How are you doing? Wow, I am so glad that u are a constant 4 all
    of us UH fans.

    have a nice day! Hi kaimuki boy when u show up! Hope that Tyler
    does well in practice drills

    I'll believe it when I see it.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 7:33:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Alexander! He's my man right now...followed by the rest.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 8:47:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Tyler. As least he has personally apologized to his teammates and looks like he will work himself up the ladder. I respect people that can recognize that they did something wrong, apologize and move on to do great things. Recently we have seen too many examples of the other side--the egg throwers (why only three of the four did a "letter" probably done by their attorney) and Frazier (he has never apologized and he never will).

    As for JJ--should we call him a "Clothes Pony?"

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM HST, Blogger chawancut said…

    yay for graunke.

    and what tombo, you scared? hiding from me and smash bros?

    and i'm sad that there'll be no video from the princess today for the super games...

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 9:34:00 AM HST, Blogger chawancut said…

    disregard re: princess.

    mr tsai just edited his blog saying she'll have the bball vid up shortly.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 10:16:00 AM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    yeah, tyler seems to have a great attitude coming back, confident but no sense of entitlement. i'm definitely pulling for him. but that being said, i want to see what alexander and rausch bring to the table in the fall.

    and what chawan, you're the one avoiding me. i never see you online. you just afraid i'm gonna kick your ass with kirby again. bring it on, fool!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 11:15:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howzit all! WW - happy hump day. 2 more work/school days.

    I like Tyler's attitude. Go for broke bruddah.

    Fall camp is going to be good. Too bad Rausch and Alexander have to wait to fall camp. Not sure if they learn everything for the Swamp. If they stay good, maybe break in mid season? Would be good fun if we had platoon offense? Okay, I'm not too smart.

    I actually like Funaki and Kiran being a local boy at heart. But I like win da most. So, may the best QB win.

    Tombo cracking da fighing words to Chawancut. Too funny. Should just get the rice bowl out and shave Chawancut's whole body except da bowl.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 2:06:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    "Should just get the rice bowl out and shave Chawancut's whole body except da bowl."

    thanks kb, now i won't be able to eat dinner tonight with that haunting image in my brain!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 2:26:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry ah Tombo. Could not resist.

    Please thank Princess Leila for the video. She is awesome and some even think cute.

    How come Fred stay so concern about JJ? He left already 3 months. I like articles on JJ paying da $400K. UH needs the moolah.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 5:48:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome stuff for today Tombo. I hope you rip Chawancut in Smash bros. Kinda cocky to put trash talk on this blog. I will hold him down if you really like shave him. :)

    WW - Tita, talk to you tommorow Kulio'o girl. Time to head back to the lovely Kaimuki.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 9:17:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey ya guys howzit? Wow, tombo that is funny stuff, "haunting image in your mind? Me too" yikes

    Anyhow, u guys rock and I'll be seeing you soon again as usual am so glad that I got to read my favorite blogsite.

    Glad to see Tyler back on, my guess is that he better work hard and he knows what is expected, his position is so key and with Jovonte Taylor and the rest, should be interesting to say the least.

    As I say, YO the man! luv ya all!

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **