UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Graunke Reinstated, Super Games

Tyler Graunke, rising like a Phoenix:
Quarterback Tyler Graunke has been reinstated to the University of Hawai'i football team.
Graunke will participate in the Warriors' off-season conditioning drills tomorrow. While suspended, he was not allowed to participate in any team functions.
Awesome news. Glad he got back on track.

And Dave Reardon writes that tomorrow is the Super Games finale.
Klum Gym. 7 a.m. No Rules Basketball.

I asked Greg McMackin what the rules are to No Rules Basketball.

As soon as I asked, I could see his eyes roll through the phone line.

“There are no rules,” the coach said.

OK, this should be interesting, if not dangerous.
UPDATE: Reardon has an article on Graunke's reinstatement.
"Tyler and I did meet today and he has fulfilled his obligations. He's done a good job," McMackin said. "What that is is between he and I. He'll be back tomorrow."

Graunke was suspended from team activities the past five weeks.

"We've put it behind us and I'm on the team," Graunke said. "I pretty much have to earn my spot back (as the No. 1 quarterback). I'm sorry I put myself in this situation, and I apologize to my teammates and fans and especially myself."

Graunke said his problems "pretty much" had to do with academics. But he said he also had to do community service and pay a fine for "issues having to do with partying in the dorms," going back to his freshman year.

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 5:56:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cheee-ha. Graunke stay back. Now we know da best guy stay at QB.

    No rules??? Its rugby on a BB court. Need good blocking, and speedy guys. On defense, I would pants the guys. Somebody gotta cover Princess Leila's eyes.

     
  • At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 7:18:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh, I nevah say Graunke da best guy. I mean now we know whoever starts is Hawaii's best QB. No more questions about what if Graunke competed, would he be bettah than da starting QB, cuz Graunke never get da chance we don't have da best QB out there. By Graunke competing, we know the best of the Hawaii QB's will get pt. Nuff said. Cheee-ha.

     
  • At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 8:11:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    was the first comment the fake kaimuks again?

     
  • At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 9:20:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im cheering for that 6'-5" QB (Alexander) thats on the team...give him a few reps and he'll be a well oiled machine, I would say like that of Colt Brennan, plus an additional 45 pounds and 3 inches. If he produces as efficiently for his remaining 2 seasons at Hawaii...no question, he will be a QB NFL scounts will be drewling about come draft time. I hope he gets the starting job.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 11:05:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tombo, thanks for getting my back. No the real KB said both. I just wanted to clarify that regardless who starts at da swamp, we know its Hawaii's best QB at that time. Aloha.

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **