UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, July 19, 2007

Junes Jones Q&A Part 1 / Satele / Ticats

The Star-Bulletin has the first of a three-part Q&A series with June Jones. Here's an excerpt:
Q: What's the level of concern for the offensive line?

A: I feel very good about our offensive line. I don't have any concerns. Other than that attitude that, 'We're not gonna get beat.' That's what we've gotta have. You have to have that confidence and you only get it from doing it. You have to do it and then it permeates the room.

Q: How open are the jobs on the offensive line?

A: The top five is pretty solid. (Larry) Sauafea, Estes, Hercules, Keith Ah-Soon and (Keoni) Steinhoff. Those are the top five.

I flipped those guys (tackles) in the spring and I'll continue (to look at it). I think Keith really feels comfortable on the right side. And Keoni about the same on the left side.
======

Stephen Tsai talks to Samson Satele about his new contract and being first team center.
Told of his place atop the depth chart, Satele recalled: "I couldn't find the words. I was speechless. It's been my dream since I was 6 years old, playing for the Kalakaua Monarchs. I was so happy.

"At the same time," he added, "I know they're not just going to hand it to me. I still have to work my buns off. I'm going to push to start that first preseason game and then that first regular-season game against Washington. I have a lot of work to do, but I don't mind working hard."
======

And the Hamilton Tiger-Cats face the BC Lions today. Timmy Chang won't start but will most likely see some playing time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **