UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chad Owens Profile / WAC / Adam Leonard

Buccaneers.com has a great profile of Chad Owens, who talks about wanting it.
“My work ethic, my drive – that’s my motivation; that’s all I’ve got. And I’m just excited because I want to get my career started.”

It shows. Owens is obsessed with all phases of his game, physical and mental. Nearly every day, he’s traversing the corridors of One Buc Place as he makes his way from the practice fields where he works on speed, conditioning and agility to the weight room. His lunchtime conversations revolve around the optimal nutritional approach for his goals. And he makes it a point to occasionally watch tape of his record-setting returns in Hawaii just to keep those runs at the forefront of his mind.

“I can tell you this,” Owens said. “Right now I feel great, mentally, physically and I just can’t wait to go out there and get this thing rolling. I want to get my career started. I believe it’s going to happen here, and I just can’t wait for it.”
Lots of great quotes from that article. I hope Chad shows his stuff as return man as well as receiver.

======

Here's another great article, this one by Matt James of The Fresno Bee, who writes about how the WAC is now a better football conference than the Mountain West.
And here we are, eight seasons later and the WAC -- a conference that has been plundered, pillaged, jackhammered, stripped for parts and abandoned along an interstate in a Denver suburb -- is better than the conference that supposedly took its heart.

We are talking only about football, being that we are in a system where only football matters.

They say the Mountain West was better last season, top to bottom, but you have to squeeze hard to get satisfaction from knowing your worst are better than someone else's worst.

The WAC had two of the top eight Heisman finishers. It had a team in a BCS bowl. The WAC had the better record against the Mountain West, head-to-head, and that was with Fresno State taking a well-earned break from quality football.
That is just too funny. Thought they were getting away with something, but all they got was a crappy TV deal.

======

And Stephen Tsai writes that Adam Leonard has fully recovered from his meniscus injury, but may miss the start of fall camp.
There will be one prominent no-show when the Warriors report to training camp Aug. 2.
Linebacker Adam Leonard, who led the Warriors with 114 tackles as a sophomore last season, will arrive from Seattle on Aug. 4. He booked his plane ticket before UH decided on the camp's starting date. Because of the orientation period and physical examinations, Leonard probably will not be on the field for the first practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **