UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, July 30, 2007

Ayat / Owens

First, the bad news.
Justin Ayat's stint as a kicker for the New York Jets lasted less than a week. Yesterday, the NFL team waived the Kamehameha alumnus whom they had signed as a free agent on July 24.
Let's hope he can hook up with another team. Sounds like he's been working hard on his kicking since graduating.

======

Anwar S. Richardson of The Tampa Tribune profiles Chad Owens, who's working hard to make the most of his chance with the Bucs. A couple of excerpts:
"I've had to work hard my whole life. Nothing was ever given to me," Owens said. "I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me because I'm not the only guy who had to do it this way. There are free agents who have come in and ended up being superstars.

"I had an opportunity to walk onto Hawaii, play in front of my friends and family, and when I got an opportunity to play, I made the best of it, excelled, and the rest is history. Here I am in the same boat."
"For a lot of the vets, preseason is kind of like, 'Ah, let's just get through this already. Let's get the regular season started,'" Owens said. "For me, it's a game. A chance to get out there and prove myself. To show these fans what I can do, and give myself an opportunity to make this team and be able to help during the season."
Mighty Mouse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **