UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, July 27, 2007

Vasconcellos / Mock / Wilson / Ikaika

Damien safety/receiver/corner Christian Vasconcellos has committed to becoming a Warrior.
"I'm really surprised and excited," Vasconcellos said after giving UH an oral commitment today. "My goal was to play Division I football and play here, but I wasn't getting noticed by UH. All I got was a questionnaire when I was a sophomore, so I started thinking mainland. Now I'm happy because I don't think I can leave my grandma (Nancy Vasconcellos), and I can play in front of my family."
And from the Advertiser:
Vasconcellos, who is 6-feet-1 and 181 pounds, will be a senior this year. He will sign his national letter of intent in February, and join the Warriors in August 2008.

"I like the hype," Vasconcellos said of his decision. "This is my home. I have to protect my home."
Right on. Congratulations to Christian.

======

Chad Mock is mentioned in this Vancouver Sun article as he gets ready for his first start for the BC Lions.
Mock is sure to be a favourite of television cameramen for his 1970s afro. Still, Mock is hoping to make a name for himself for more than his 'do.

"I want to make the most of this opportunity and show the coaches I can play," said Mock, who will be used when the Lions go to a five-receiver set. "I'm looking to go out there and see what I can do. Go out there and play football the way I know how to play football."
The article also has a picture of Mock and his afro.

======

Some bad news -- former UH defensive lineman Lawrence Wilson was cut by the Ravens. Best of luck to Wilson. Hope he can make it with another team.

======

And Ikaika Alama-Francis impresses MLive.com blogger Tom Kowalski.
In watching rookie second-round pick Ikaika Alama-Francis in a few one-on-one pass-rushing drills, the defensive end looks very quick. Very raw, but very quick. He has excellent hand speed and he's still learning how to best utlilize his hand placement. I'll stick with my earlier assessment of this guy -- he looks like a young Robert Porcher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **