UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, July 29, 2007

Colt Profile / June / Rolo / #22 / Mock

Dave Reardon writes a great profile of Colt Brennan, who looks to the future while not shying away from the past.
"The biggest thing (learned) is probably humility. Walking away from that ... you can't embarrass me, you can't humiliate me," he said. "I have nothing to hide. There's no doubt what happened, the position I put myself in, I've got no one to blame but myself. But a lot of things that followed just weren't right.

"You're meant to experience misfortune. You're meant to deal with stuff that's just not right. It's just how you deal with it and how you move on with your life. I think people who want to talk about my character, should look at what I've done since then. Let the actions speak for themselves."
The article also has a funny exchange between Colt and Ian Johnson. There's also an opportunity for Star-Bulletin readers to submit questions and comments for their upcoming Warrior football feature. Be there!

======

June Jones has a new Ask Coach feature.
Q.) Thanks coach for always being generous with your time. I'm wondering if possible what happened with that direct snap to the RB play when we had Bass? Did that morph into the shovel pass? What were the positives and negatives of that play? I used to get a kick out of it when we ran it. Go Warriors.

A.) Over the years, ever since we have used the shotgun, I have used different ways to run the draw. The shuffle pass and the direct snap draw are blocked the same way but the shuffle pass has evolved because it is harder for the defense to pick up early and stop. Defenses almost have to guess right to stop it so we run more shuffle passes now.
======

Nick Rolovich also has a new article. Here's some insight into the QB using his eyes.
How do you feel about June’s teaching about hips, eyes and/or footwork? How did that change the game and how you performed?

I got the most out of June talking about eyes, and using them to either make defensive players stay where they are or to move them to where you want them. It makes such a difference. In the beginning of my career I was a little confused when he would tell me to "use your eyes." At the end, I would laugh just before I let the ball go because it is sometimes comical what you can make a guy on defense do by using your eyes. The footwork of the drop is a little unorthodox but so crucial to the timing. The drop truly orchestrates the play in June's offense.
======

The Fort Worth(?) Star-Telegram ranks Hawaii #22 in their preseason countdown.

======

And finally, Chad Mock had 1 catch for 6 yards in his debut for the BC Lions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **