UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nate Ilaoa Drafted!

Nate Ilaoa got drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 7th round! Congrats to Nasti! More news to come.

UPDATE 1: Here's a Nate Ilaoa 2006 highlight video.



UPDATE 2:
Here's a partial transcript of a conference call Nate Ilaoa had with Philadelphia media. Here's an excerpt:
On whether the Eagles have talked to him about where he fits in on this team:

“No, not really. But I’ve been able to watch the Eagles play, and I always felt it was a good fit for me at Philadelphia because of the things [RB Brian] Westbrook is able to do- catch the ball out of the backfield and line up between tackles as well. I always thought that was a good fit for me.”


On whether the Eagles offense is comparable to the Run-n-Shoot offense that Hawaii head coach June Jones incorporates:


“No, I don’t think anybody runs the stuff we run here. The type of formations that Philadelphia runs and the things that they use, as far as their running backs go, kind of compare to what we do here. Somebody as versatile as Westbrook is, they like to utilize him in so many different ways, and that’s the same case here in Hawaii.”

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **