UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, April 29, 2007

Draft Day 1 Wrap-Ups

As Day 2 rolls along, here are some wrap-ups from Day 1. Stephen Tsai has a great article about the reactions Ikaika Alama-Francis and Samson Satele had to getting drafted. Here's an excerpt:
And then Satele received the call from the Dolphins.

"I know I have a lot of work to do, but I'm so happy I was drafted," Satele said. "It's so hard to explain."

Alama-Francis could relate.

"It's a dream come true," said Alama-Francis, who will play defensive end in the Lions' 4-3 schemes. "I never thought I'd be in this position. Never. I mean, what do you know? I'm in the National Football League. Me. Unbelievable."

...

"It's going to be a fun ride from now on," Satele said. "I'm going to make my way around Miami and try to find Shaq."
Haha!

Detroit Lions president Matt Millen has more good things to say about Ikaika.
"What I'm looking for is he's got the real good eye-hand coordination, and the balance is extraordinary. Great balance. Good worker. So those are the things he can play, different spots for us.

"So you get guys in rotation, he could play a left end position, he could play an under tackle position, and I think he can play nickle.

"He can play a five, you know, the big-heavy five technique. He can play six, go inside. A lot of the times you can find your under tackles from that left end position. You have your bigger, heavier, thicker guy that eventually can move inside and be a good athlete for you."
Don't forget tight end! Lot of options for Ikaika.

Cindy Luis writes about the money Ikaika and Samson are gonna be making, and talks to Samson's agent Leo Goeas about the other players he's representing and his hopes for them today.
"I think Dane should be the next of my guys to go, probably fourth, fifth round," Goeas said. "But the draft is never a perfect science.

"Esera is right up there and Mel and Nate should go sixth, seventh round. I remember what it was like, the stress of waiting, watching, seeing the clips of players then all of a sudden your phone rings and there's someone saying, 'We just took you.' Sixty seconds it's on TV."
Good luck to the Warriors waiting for the call today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **