UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spring Day 13 Wrap-Ups

Jason Kaneshiro writes that Inoke Funaki is getting more reps due to Tyler Graunke's injury, which doesn't appear to be too serious, thank goodness.
"Just like Coach was saying, I just have to make sure I'm ready because that could happen at any time, in practice or in a game later on in the season," the sophomore from Kahuku said. "I just have to make sure I'm ready, or whoever is behind (Brennan), so things can keep rolling."

...

Graunke was injured during a drill late in Monday's practice when his throwing hand hit defensive lineman Siave Seti while following through on a pass.

An MRI of Graunke's right hand showed there wasn't a break and he'll treat it by resting it for a few weeks.
And Stephen Tsai writes that Seti feels bad about the whole thing.
"It was one of those situations where the motions were all fast," Seti said. "I was playing my drills. I was trying to get through. Unfortunately, my hand was up and it hit Graunke's hand. It was a freak thing. I really felt bad after I saw my picture in The Honolulu Advertiser the next day. Football accidents do happen. Unfortunately, this happened to one of our great players. I'm so sorry. I want to apologize to Graunke."

The incident marred Seti's otherwise impressive spring. Seti has practiced as the No. 1 defensive left tackle, filling in for Michael Lafaele, who is recovering from a hand injury.
No worries, accidents happen, and The Graunke shall rise again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **