UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mat McBriar, New Warrior Highlights

Paul Arnett writes that Mat McBriar had a good Pro Bowl.
"My Pro Bowl was awesome, man, I had a blast," McBriar said. "It was a great week. I had a lot of fun. I got a little bit of work at my old setting. I had a good time man. It was great coming back here and kicking for the fans."

McBriar did an excellent job adapting himself to his old surroundings as he quickly adjusted to the trades that were whipping across Aloha Stadium from the first quarter on. He had four punts for the afternoon, averaging a whopping 51.0 yards a kick.

Equally impressive was how he allowed guys not used to covering punts the opportunity to get close to the return men. On the four punts, the AFC averaged 9.3 yards a return for a net average of 41.8.

...

"It was a lot of fun hanging around the best in the NFL. A dream come true for me. When I was at Hawaii, I never even thought about coming back here and playing in the Pro Bowl. I was just trying to make a team. To be able to be here is something very special for me."
And below are some high school highlight videos of three incoming Warriors. The first is defensive lineman Vaughn Meatoga from Kamehameha:



Next is offensive lineman Austin Hansen from Valencia High School.



He just keeps going and going, finishing off his blocks and then some.

And finally, here's an amazing highlight video of Leon Jackson, the transfer running back from Nebraska via Pasco, Washington.



Dude is like Secretariat, outpacing everybody by 40 lengths! Glad Leon, Austin and Vaughn decided to become Warriors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **