UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, June 13, 2009

Raphael Ieru Q&A / Defensive Rotation

Stephen Tsai has a Q&A with senior offensive guard Raphael Ieru. Here's an excerpt:
Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello ...
"Everybody thought (Teenage Ninja Turtles is) where my name came from. It came from my uncle in Seattle. He has a long Samoan name. In the middle is Lafaele, which means Raphael. That's where my mom got it."

He answers to Ralph:
"It makes me sound tough. Raphael is more formal. A lot of people call me Raf. They said it shouldn't be Ralph because I don't have an 'L' in my name. I didn't like Raf, either. I always told them to call me Ralph."
Tsai also has an update to the defensive depth chart.
Coach Greg McMackin today announced a revised depth chart. The Warriors will be going with a three-player rotation at defensive end, defensive tackle, cornerback and safety. The three at each position are considered to be starters.
So, entering training camp, the No. 1s are:
Defensive ends: Brashton Satele, Fetaiagogo (John) Fonoti, Elliott Purcell.
Defensive tackles: Tuika Tufaga, Rocky Savaiigaea, Vaughn Meatoga.
Cornerbacks: Tank Hopkins, Jeramy Bryant, Lametrius Davis.
Safeties: Mana Silva, Kenny Estes, Spencer Smith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **