UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, June 22, 2009

Kevin Spain Commits to UH

Stephen Tsai writes that quarterback Kevin Spain will become a Warrior.
Quarterback Kevin Spain of Paradise Valley High in Arizona told The Warrior Beat he has accepted a football scholarship from the Warriors.
"I'm really happy about it," said Spain, who is 6 feet 2 and 190 pounds. "I've always been a fan of Colt Brennan. I can't wait to play in his offense."
Spain also plays baseball and lacrosse.
Span attended Arizona State's football camp. ASU already received a commitment from a quarterback. But ASU head coach recommended Spain to Greg McMackin. McMackin was Erickson's defensive coordinator with the Seattle Seahawks in the mid-1990s.
"I committed (to UH) today," Spain said. "I'm super-excited about everything."
Congrats to Kevin!

Also in that Tsai post is a Q&A with Jett Jasper. Here's an excerpt:
J-E-T-T. Jett! Jett! Jett!
The uniquely named Jett Jasper, a sophomore wideout from Kaua‘i, took a couple of minutes to chat with the Warrior Beat.
Jett?
"The story has it when I was in my mom's tummy, I was kicking around, like I was due to take off like a jet on an aircraft carrier. That's why they named me Jett. I love how the name is Jett, and not many people have it. I feel special."
UPDATE: Here's Kevin Spain's junior highlights.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **