UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, June 21, 2009

Junior Day, Big Man's Camp, Dylan Linkner

Jason Kaneshiro has an update on Dylan Linkner, notes that the Big Man's camp starts tomorrow and writes about the postives of UH's Junior Day.
A couple of months after holding its first Junior Day, it looks like the benefits are already starting to roll in for UH.
Campbell receiver Samson Anguay and Moanalua offensive lineman Frank Loyd were among the high schoolers who participated in the event, which factored into their decisions to commit to the Warriors.
“After our Junior Day at Hawaii, I really found a love for the campus and for the people,” Anguay said. “I have a chance to play for my hometown and I wanted to play in front of my family.”
Moanalua coach Arnold Martinez said Loyd’s parents, “were really impressed with the Junior Day.”
“(The UH coaches are) really trying to kick in another level of recruiting for local kids. I think it’s paying off because it made a great impression on Frank and his family.”
Martinez expects other schools to make a run at the 6-foot-4, 265-pound Loyd, but said he appears solidly committed to UH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **