UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, June 22, 2009

UH at #71

The Quad -- New York Times College Sports Blog -- ranks UH at #71 in their preseason countdown, and has an in-depth preview of the upcoming season. Here's an excerpt:
Season breakdown & prediction: It’s a role reversal for the 2009 Warriors, who go from having a questionable offense and a talented defense to vice versa. If this team could return last year’s defense and combine it with what will be an improved offensive unit, I would have U.H. as the second-best team in the WAC. However, I don’t think McMackin and his staff will be able to offset losing nine starters on this side of the ball, five of whom earned all-WAC honors on at least one occasion. So where do I put the Warriors in the WAC pecking order? Fifth, in terms of where it falls on the Countdown, but in a tie with Fresno State and Louisiana Tech for third. I like the offense, which returns seven starters, and think it can make great strides over its mediocre performance of a season ago. Obviously, my often-repeated concerns over the defense limit my faith in Hawaii’s conference title hopes, but I believe the unit will do enough to allow U.H. to make another trip to the Hawaii Bowl. I think the Warriors will match last fall’s 7-6 regular season; if, somehow, the defense remains strong, eight wins is well within the range of possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **