UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, June 20, 2009

Corey Lau, Samson Anguay (and two walk-ons)

Jason Kaneshiro talks to the Warriors newest commits, Corey Lau and Samson Anguay.
"I'd say we're pretty good friends, we compete against each other, and now we'll be at the same school in the future. He's a good guy and I'm thrilled," said Lau, an incoming senior at Kailua.

Lau and Anguay, a Campbell standout, both participated in UH's skills camp this week and jumped at the chance to commit to the Warriors, joining Moanalua lineman Frank Loyd in UH's 2010 recruiting class.

"I'm still asking myself if this is actually real," Anguay said. "It's always been my dream to play Hawaii football, and when (UH coach Greg McMackin) offered I said I was going to commit right away.

"I want to play in front of my family and show my hometown and show everybody in the nation that Hawaii is a school to be reckoned with."
Stephen Tsai has more great quotes.
Anguay and Lau are both long-time Warrior fans. Anguay said his role models were former UH slotbacks Chad Owens, Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullins.

Several of Anguay's friends and relatives believed he should attend a Mainland college. But that changed after Anguay attended the Warriors' Junior Day in April. The event was considered an unofficial visit during which high school players could tour the school facilities and meet with academic advisers and counselors.

"After talking to some players who left (Hawai'i) and then came back, we knew staying home was the best decision," said his mother, Suzette Anguay.

Samson Anguay said: "UH is the place to be. I can get a good education, and I can play football. I have a chance to play in front of my family and friends."
And on today's Warrior Beat post, Tsai writes about two potential walk-ons, Bennett Nicola and Niroby Dingle.
Both are enrolled in UH.
Nicola, who is 6 feet 2 and 165, is a 2009 graduate of Colorado's Glenwood Springs.
Dingle, who was raised in Alabama, recently completed a stint in the Army. Dingle, who is 6 feet and 202 pounds, is friends with former UH slotbacks Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullins.
Nicola projects as a wideout; Dingle as a slotback.
Both would be willing to redshirt or grayshirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **