UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, February 09, 2009

Jordan Loeffler

Bill O'Rear of the Hawaii Tribune-Herald profiles incoming offensive lineman Jordan Loeffler.
Loeffler, 17, a senior at Hilo High, has grown to almost 6-6 and 280 pounds since the Hawaii coaches first saw him. And they have been impressed enough by the young offensive lineman and his enormous potential over the past two years to award him with a football scholarship.

"I'm very excited about playing for the Warriors," Loeffler said. "I'm going to keep working hard and see what happens. The coaches want me to gray shirt this coming year and then red shirt a year. That will give me time to mature, and to get stronger and faster.

"I totally agree with coach Mack's decision. I think it's the best thing for me. I'll play in the 2011 season. But it gives me time to get better and I just want to help Hawaii win."

Loeffler chose Hawaii over Washington and Washington State. He praised Lee, who recruited him, for charting out his football future at Manoa.

"Coach Cal is a good coach and he makes a lot of sense when he talks," Loeffler said. "He speaks the truth."
Via dptwarrior13 on SportsHawaii.com.