UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, January 16, 2009

Pierce Burton Commits to UH

Stephen Tsai writes that lineman Pierce Burton will become a Warrior.
Pierce Burton of Sacramento’s Rio Americano High has accepted a scholarship offer from the Warriors.
Burton is 6 feet 7 and 250 pounds. He played on the offensive and defensive lines, but, more than likely, he projects to play offensive tackle for the Warriors.
Congrats to Pierce!

Here's Stephen Tsai's article on Burton.
An athletic high school lineman from Sacramento has accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Hawai'i football team.

"I decided to commit," said Pierce Burton of Rio Americano High. "It's the place for me."

By accepting, he is turning down an appointment from the U.S. Military Academy. He also received interest from Boise State and San Jose State.

"Right now, (the Warriors) are recruiting me as an athlete," said Burton, who is 6 feet 7 and 250 pounds. "It depends on how my body develops. If I stay the same size and get stronger, I'll be a defensive lineman. They're hoping I'll gain 50 pounds and be an offensive tackle. They think with my height and build, I should be an offensive lineman."

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 16, 2009 at 9:19:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Read Tsai's article. This new commit is awesome. He ranked number 4 in the Nike combine and the first three were running backs. If we get this guy he will be great.

     
  • At Friday, January 16, 2009 at 1:28:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    now thats what I"m talking about...a new recruit taller than 5'-11". this is what hawaii needs. enough with the shorties, in with the freaks, which I say with all up most respect:). if u wanna play with the BCS teams, hawaii needs to start getting guys taller than 6'-2" the minimum. Congrats on the new recruit! Give Boise and Fresno hell this upcoming season. can't wait to see your beast in Kainoa...I know him personally and u guys haven't seen anything yet on D. Watch him...and YOU will be a believer !!! All the best...

     
  • At Friday, January 16, 2009 at 10:40:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    i hope kainoa makes it into UH. tsai says he won't be enrolled this spring.

     
  • At Monday, July 26, 2010 at 9:19:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he went to san jose lol

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **