UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chad Lopati Commits

Stephen Tsai writes that Kapolei defensive end Chad Lopati will become a Warrior.
"He's very happy (about the decision)," said Paepaefoa Saili, Lopati's mother.

In committing to UH, Lopati is turning down offers from UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Colorado, Michigan State, Brigham Young, Utah, Boise State and Fresno State.

"Even Auburn came down," Kapolei coach Darren Hernandez said.

But Hernandez said Lopati is "a real local boy. He loves Hawai'i."
Excellent news! Congrats to Chad and UH. Here's his junior year highlights:



UPDATE: Here's a Scout.com profile of Lopati from back in July, before he committed.
"I love Hawaii," he said. "I grew up following them. I love all the Polynesian guys they have and I've always dreamed of going there. The program there is really good and it's only like 15 minutes away. I've been to a bunch of games there and I go to their practices a lot too. I'm real familiar with everyone there.

"I like the new Hawaii coaches too," he said. "It's not too much of a change and I think they'll be successful too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **