UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, August 03, 2008

UH Training Camp Previews

Stephen Tsai has an extensive training camp preview, with position breakdowns. Here's an excerpt from the intro:
The Warriors will retain their aggressive 4-3 defense, which was coordinated by McMackin last season, and implement their version of the four-wide offense. McMackin has had conversations with a couple of Mainland coaches regarding schemes that will be incorporated into the Warriors' offense.

McMackin also brought in Dana LeDuc, the St. Louis Rams' strength and conditioning coach, to teach seminars on training techniques.

"Dana is the best in the game," said McMackin, who worked with LeDuc at the University of Miami and with the Seattle Seahawks. "He helped us a lot and he gave us some really good ideas."
Jason Kaneshiro has a camp preview as well. He talks to UH offensive coordinator Ron Lee about the coaches' excitement.
"I know all the coaches are excited to get on the field and get started," UH offensive coordinator Ron Lee said. "I looked at our calendar and we've leaving on the 26th of this month. It's just like, oh my gosh, we've got to start going. It's going to be so fast."
And the Star-Bulletin crew have a Q&A with Coach Greg McMackin. Here's an excerpt:
Q: Have you ever been more excited heading into a season?

A: You know, I'm excited about it. But, to me, I'm doing the same thing I've done for a lot of my career. There are just more kids involved. We've got a good system, I've got a great athletic director. It's been a pretty good transition. I've wanted to be a head coach at the Division I level. It's a blessing because not only do I get to live in the best place, but I've got good coaches, I've got a lot of respect for the players. We've got great fans and the administration's been very supportive. Summer school for the players. Getting video equipment that's up to date. The money is there for the (practice) field.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **