UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Training Camp Day 12 Reports and Wrap-Ups

Some Saturday practice reports:
======

Stephen Tsai interviews Brent Rausch. Here's an excerpt:
On his accuracy as a passer:

"I pitched. I think that's where I got my arm strength. I was a backup quarterback all through Pop Warner. I think I threw two passes ... until I got to high school. Nobody taught me or anything like that. I got in at quarterback and started throwing. ... I don't like baseball anymore. My junior year, I played baseball. My senior year, I played golf."
Jason Kaneshiro profiles Keoni Steinhoff.
Although his focus is trained on the season ahead, reminders of the Warriors' last performance linger for Steinhoff.

Of the 35 sacks the Warriors gave up during their 12-1 campaign (in 494 passing attempts), a season-high eight came in a punishing Sugar Bowl loss to Georgia.

It's a memory Steinhoff carried with him over the summer and into the new season.

"It's still in my mind, every day somebody mentions it," he said. "It puts a chip on my shoulder and keeps me driving every day, makes me work harder and prepare for our bigger opponents. It does help me, but it's in the past."
Kaneshiro's Sports Notebook has notes about Solomon Elimimian having a slight ankle injury, Spencer Smith performing well in practice, and receiver Nate Nasca moving from slot to wideout:
A slot receiver so far in camp, Nasca moved outside to right wide receiver for yesterday's practice. With Malcolm Lane nursing an injury, Nasca and redshirt freshman Royce Pollard rotated at the spot.

"I think he's got speed and we need some help on the outside," UH offensive coordinator Ron Lee said. "He might be one of the fastest guys on the team.

"(It's) different when he's running an out (from the outside) than from inside. We have two more weeks. So, he'll get it. He'll be a threat. I think he can be great on the outside."
Dave Reardon takes a look at Florida and some guy named Tim Tebow.
Not that he isn't already motivated. With its novice defense a year wiser and the fastest set of sprinters this side of Beijing at receiver, the No. 5 Gators are poised to take a shot at a third national championship.

Tebow, of course, is the biggest reason for the confidence.

He passed for 3,286 yards and 32 touchdowns and rushed for 895 and 23 more last year. Those unprecedented double-threat numbers made him the first sophomore winner of the Heisman Trophy.

And he's not satisfied.
And Ferd Lewis writes about Florida's plan to have Tebow run a little less than last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **