UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Day 8 Wrap-Ups, Dylan Linkner, Injuries, Etc.

Tyler Graunke talks to Brian McInnis about working his way back.
Graunke is trying to regain his status as the favorite to succeed Colt Brennan, which he held prior to spring practice before a suspension for violating team rules.

"I'm just trying to get better and get everyone else better," he said. "I have a lot more goals -- earn everyone's respect back, that's my first goal -- and be a team player. Not trying to do too much, and just doing my thing. I feel like that's going pretty well."
Jason Kaneshiro profiles receiver Dylan Linkner.
Talk to Hawaii receiver Dylan Linkner and the urgency is clear.

"It's my last year," the fifth-year senior receiver said. "I have to get on the field somehow."

Since joining an offensive unit headlined by Tim Chang and Chad Owens back in 2004, the Kailua graduate bided his time, waiting and working behind a series of prolific Warriors pass catchers.

With his final fall in a UH uniform coming up, this spring represents the career understudy's best chance to date to make his case for a leading role.
Dayton Morinaga also talks to Linkner, writes about Graunke's rise to co-No.1 QB, has some injury news, and highlights players who are getting a chance to shine.
Junior linebacker R.J. Kiesel-Kauhane has been working with the first defense since last week in place of Blaze Soares, who is sitting out because of a shoulder injury.
The offensive line has also been auditioning several newcomers this spring due to injuries. Yesterday, sophomore Brysen Ginlack worked with the first unit at left guard in place of Keith AhSoon, who has an injured calf.
Jason Kaneshiro and Brian McInnis have injury news, including some about a possible early return for Blaze Soares:
"I'm going to try to come back (tomorrow), run around," Soares said. "Felt kind of out of place (on the sidelines), naked without my pads on. Maybe do some seven-on-sevens, some drills, but I think no contact."
"I try to have a positive set of mind," Soares said. "It's hard, but I really want to be out there. I love hitting people. This is the time you usually get your cracks in, you know what I mean. But this spring I'm taking a break."
Lanaly Cabalo of the Garden Island talks to some of the players from Kauai about spring practice.
“Our practices have been good. Mondays are always hard because everyone goes hard on Mondays,” said Jasper, a Kaua‘i High School graduate. “It’s a little tougher than practice in regular season because we have full pads on and guys are getting hit. There’s a lot of hitting going on, which isn’t a bad thing.”
And Dave Reardon writes that UH athletic director Jim Donovan may be lowering ticket prices for some tickets to sporting events.

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 9:51:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tombo, thanks for neighbor island news also. Nice to see them proud about their Kauai guys.

    Hey chawan cut, saw your comments on Reardon's blog about Donovan doing a great job and about that "other guy"--do you have an aversion to that guy's name? Let me help you, FRAZIER! There, I feel better--I will feel even better when he leaves Hawaii. Does anyone know if he is still going to UH daily? Does anyone know why? Does he even help with anything?

     
  • At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 10:59:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good stuff Tombo! Look forward to seeing Pilares at slot. He sure looks like Chad Owens running around. That is a good thing.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 1:03:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny, I was re-reading my previous post and I didn't like the tone. CC, I am not upset at you, but I have always been upset at Frazier. I had read my post and was going to SH but the link took so long, I figured it was trying to tell me something--like apologize to chawan cut. So chawan cut--sorry if that post came out sounding wrong. I like what you and Tombo both do on this site and also on SH.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 3:58:00 PM HST, Blogger chawancut said…

    fuzzy,

    no worries, i know where your anger was focused at. i don't like mentioning his name either.

    i read on ST's blog that the other guy had to leave the other week. that was the last day he could hang around and do the same thing he was doing the last few years. NOTHING!

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **