UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, January 03, 2008

Comments About the Game and the Season

There are a lot of stories, articles and commentary about the game. Guess you could say that it's a little tough to read through right now, haha. Here's a pretty good analysis from Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated. I'll try to make one big compilation this weekend. In the meantime, here are a few comments from the past couple days.

From uhfootballgirl:
Thank you Warriors for giving us an incredible season...the best in UH football history!! You are WAC champs, brought in millions of dollars to the school, and showed the rest of the country what makes Hawaii so special and unique. I see this last game as "growing pains" as we take the football program from one level to the next. Anyone who has ever accomplished anything great has experienced heart breaking challenges...in fact it's essential to growing. It would have been alot easier to be a mediocre team settling for the average season in the WAC, but you all played your hearts out in EVERY game which lead to an undefeated season, WAC Champions and a BCS game. I've been attending home games for the last 12 years and am thrilled with where you have taken the program!! Thank you for all of your hard work this year and representinig Hawaii and the Aloha Spirit. I'm so proud of you!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
From DT, who created a blog just to pass along a message to Colt and the team. Here's an excerpt:
I was one of the thousands of Hawaii fans who went to New Orleans to see the team play. Although the outcome wasn't what we wanted, I wanted to thank Colt and the rest of the Team for what they did. Although he didn't realize it at the time, when he unselfishly decided to forego the NFL draft and stay another year, Colt set in motion a movement that brought together the team and eventually the State. In this blog, please say a personal word what "Because Colt Stayed" (BCS) meant to you.
From anonymous:
I abandoned my family and paid big bucks to get to the Sugar Bowl and watch our boys play. I have no regrets. I would do it again in a heart beat, even if I knew the outcome. The Warriors deserve our respect, support, and loyalty. We still are WAC Champions and made it to the BCS!

All the GA fans that I met were cool before, during, and after the game. The ones who pop-off on the internet don't represent the majority of them. After the game, GA fans had respect for our team and Brennan for not giving up. They also respected UH fans because even after the game, we held our heads high, still supported our team, congratulated GA on winning, and said we will be back.
From Doug:
From a Georgia grad and a diehard Bulldog fan, congrats to the Hawaii team on making it to a BCS game, and for continuing to play their hearts out even when it was clear the score was getting out of hand. From what I could see on TV, y'all have some great fans, too, the way they cheered for Hawaii's touchdown. Sometimes I think there are some fairweather Dawg fans who could learn a little from that.

Hope all the Hawaii fans have a safe trip home, and good luck to you in 2008.
From GA dawgs:
Hey Hawaii fans, first of all let me say that you guys had a hell of a season. I got to watch your games against Boise State and Washington on ESPN, it's a shame we cannot watch more games here in the southeast. Also, no one should judge Colt Brennan on this game, no one can have a good game when they are hit every other play, wishing Colt lots of success in the NFL, and Hawaii- beat the Gators next year!
Thanks again to all who commented these past few days and throughout this crazy season. Just want to give shout outs to franksabunch, niall, callie, wildwahine, jeff, lostinube, warriorx808, kensai, jcluv4u, bruddah sean, kawiks, fuzzylogic and those I didn't mention but will smack myself in the head when I realize I didn't. And because he commented too, I also wanted to give a massive shout out to Chawan Cut for making this an extra awesome season with all the hard work he did on here, Youtube, Sportshawaii and at various arenas and stadiums supporting the team and his fellow fans. More tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **