UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ikaika Profile

Detroit Lions practice is underway, and here's a profile of Ikaika Alama-Francis, from the Detroit News. An excerpt:
"My dad played for Green Bay so he's given me the horror stories," Alama-Francis said. "I'm just going to go in, have my mind focused and do the best I can."
He'll get that chance in the final game of the regular season on December 30 when the Lions travel to Green Bay.
Before then, Alama-Francis knows he has a lot of learning to do.
First of all, to get aligned correctly," Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said. "He couldn't get aligned. Not getting off the ball well enough and he's a little bit high. That's my expectations right now, just do the little things. But he's a big, good-looking athlete with a great willingness. He's got to get the basic stuff right now. He'll be fine."
The other defensive linemen have taken Alama-Francis under their wing.
"They're all veterans, they've all been here," Alama-Francis said. "I'm the only rookie this year so I'm just trying to learn as much from them as I can. So I've got my ears wide open to the coaches, to the players and hopefully I get to their level."
No mention of Ikaika moving to the PUP list. Not sure if it was speculation or a misprint yesterday. In any case, great news.

And Stephen Tsai has some details of his 4-year contract, as well as a fond farewell to Lois Manin, who's leaving the UH media relations department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **