UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Davone the Punter

Davone Bess might be backing up Kurt Milne.
Bess punted three times from around midfield during one of yesterday's special teams periods. He blasted a high 50-yarder into the end zone and a 40-yarder that died around the 10-yard line before shanking a wounded duck that drew "quacks" from the defensive linemen.

Bess, a former high school quarterback, capped off the sequence by taking the fourth snap, rolling to his right and throwing an incomplete pass.
Even if he doesn't punt, I bet he'll get in on a trick play sometime this season where he's passing the ball. Maybe Tyler Graunke will enter the game, and on the first play he'll hand off the ball to Bess on an end-around. Then Tyler will take off towards the end zone where Davone will find him wide open for the touchdown!!! Just remember, I called it!

And Doug Vaioleti won't be doing color commentary for K5 this season in order to run his construction company. He will be missed! He was so green his first season doing it, but he's improved ever since. Oh well, good luck to Doug. Maybe now David Maeva can do color? That would be cool! I remember him being super funny in interviews when he was a player.

In the same article, Leonard Peters vows to play in the UNLV despite his broken cartilage, which sounds painful!
Peters said he feels a constant "sharp" pain. "It feels weird because it feels like (the cartilage) is going to rip through your skin."

He wears heavy wrapping during practices. He said there is no medical procedure that can ease his discomfort.

"It hurts when I run and, oh, yeah, it hurts when I hit," Peters said. "I'm not trying to hit too much in practice. I'm saving it for the game, and let the adrenaline kick in. ... I'm going to play. There's no chance I'm not going to play. You can't keep me out. I would be even more hurt if I'm standing on the sideline."
Gotta admire him.

P.S. Best wishes to Reagan Mauia's dad as he recovers from bypass heart surgery. It was mentioned in Stephen Tsai's article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **