UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, September 07, 2006

Keenan, Juggernaut, LP

Jason Kaneshiro reports that cornerback Keenan Jones will likely see action in the UNLV game. He's busy catching up after being held out of fall practice due to red tape.
"They're running me ragged, but it's all for the good of the team," Jones said after catching his breath. "They're getting me familiar with the defense, knowing my assignments, and not only my assignments but the whole defense's assignments."
And from the same article, more evidence for the work-in-progress Juggernaut Quantum Duality Theory, with a quote from the one, the only:
"I was really happy that Coach trusted me right after the fumble. For him to call that (play), when I was in the huddle I was like, 'Coach knows I can do it and I'm going to do it.' "

Still, Mauia's main contribution was as a blocker, and he came away with two sprained thumbs for his efforts.

"The defensive ends didn't even want to rush on the outside because they knew I would be there," he said.
Emphasis mine. As the theory will posit, The Juggernaut is both an unstoppable force and an immovable object, and this shall all be revealed in the fullness of time.

======

Stephen Tsai reports that Leonard Peters will play through the pain of the "broken cartilage" in his rib cage.
Peters said he suffered the injury during the third quarter of Saturday's 25-17 loss to Alabama.

He did not notify the trainers of the extent of the injury for fear of being removed from the game. He finished with 10 tackles and a forced fumble.

...


"I can play through the pain," Peters said. "I'm not going to miss any games. My legs are fine, and I can still use my arms. The only thing is (the injured area is) my core. It connects to everything. But I'll be all right."
He is the definition of "Warrior." What a fighter!

From the same article, here are some bits of news:

  • Redshirting freshman wide receiver Malcolm Lane, who is 6-4, is portraying 6-5 UNLV quarterback Rocky Hinds on the scout team.

  • Defensive back Keao Monteilh is also redshirting this season.

  • David Veikune is practicing at nose.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    ** Back to the Main Page **