UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, August 14, 2006

Styling, Profiling

Jason Kaneshiro of the Star-Bulletin has a profile on linebacker Adam Leonard, who feels fully recovered from a torn ACL he suffered two years ago as a high school senior. Now he's ready to make some hits!
"All the schools that were recruiting me before basically dropped me," he said. "Cal tried to talk me into going to junior college, Duke tried to talk me into going to military school. I knew in my heart that shouldn't be the route I should have to go. I was academically eligible and I had the ability, so I wanted to find a D-I (school) and thankfully the Lord put it on (Jones') heart to say, 'I'm going to take a chance on him.'"
And Stephen Tsai has a profile on The Juggernaut, aka "Reagan Mauia" who as June Jones says, has lost the equivalent of a 12 year old kid in weight since last season, and is fit and ready to bowl over some unsuspecting fools.
Mauia said he has always been naturally strong.

"When we were growing up, we didn't have forklifts, we used each other," he said. "My mom used to always tell me I don't know my own strength."

Like other teen-aged boys, Mauia said, "I had chores around the house. But I took it to another level. I picked up couches. I moved refrigerators by myself, things like that. I learned the power of leverage. If you have leverage, anything is possible."
He's gonna bust through lines like the Kool Aid Man busts through walls. Ohhhh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **