UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Chris Camacho Leaves

Cornerback Chris Camacho is leaving the team.
"It had nothing to do with homesickness," said Camacho, who played at Citrus College last season. "It has to be something to make me leave. I was working hard. The dedication wasn't returned to me. It's as simple as that. I don't want to say anything more. UH has something good right now. I think they'll do well without me. I wish them the best — coach (June) Jones and all of them."
Well, it's a good thing UH recruited a whole bunch of DBs since Geoff Hayth and now Chris Camacho have left... with BJ Fruean redshirting... Lucious Henderson going to a JC... others with academic/miscellaneous issues. Though, reading the article, it almost sounds like the amount of competition is the reason why Camacho is leaving, like he felt he wasn't getting a fair shake. Wish he would've stuck it out since it's only the start of fall camp and he would've had some time to distinguish himself. I'm just speculating of course. In any case, good luck to Pac-Man. Go out and strive for that ultimate power pellet.