UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, August 03, 2006

Redshirting

Stephen Tsai writes that running back Mario Cox and safety BJ Fruean will redshirt this season to focus on academics.
(June) Jones said Cox and Fruean are in good academic standing with the school, team and NCAA, but that they needed to improve their study habits.

Cox and Fruean will remain on full football scholarship and attend classes at UH this semester. Jones said he expects both players to rejoin the active roster for the spring semester.
So is BJ Fruean on scholarship now? As of this July 28th article, he hadn't received one. Sorry if I missed it. UPDATE: I got BJ mixed up with Renolds. I'm stupid.

Anyway, good luck to these two Warriors with great potential as they study study study.

And we get official word that the Alabama-Hawaii football game will kick off at 6:07pm Central time, or 1:07pm Hawaii time. Now I'm able to finalize my 2006 football schedule on the right.